Roksana Wardenga – mezzo-soprano. She has graduated from prof. Jan Ballarin vocal class
in The Karol Szymanowski Academy of Music in Katowice.
She is a finalist:
- The interuniversity vocal contest “W kręgu muzyki słowiańskiej” organized by The Karol Szymanowski Academy of Music in Katowice (2012).
- 22nd Mikulas Schneider- Trnavsky International Vocal Competition in Trnava (2017).
She is a laureate of:
– The X Międzyuczelniany Konkurs Wykonawstwa Polskiej Pieśni Artystycznej im. Edmunda Kossowskiego. She received a special award for performing Ignacy Jan Paderewski’s
– The first award in The Imrich Godin International Vocal Competition Iuventus Canti 2013 in Vrable (Slovakia)
– The first award in the VI Ogólnopolski Konkurs im. K. Kurpińskiego in Włoszczakowice (2014)
– The second award in the III Andrzej Hiolski International Singing Competition in Kudowa Zdrój
– The second award in the 4th International Jan Kiepura Vocal Competition in Krynica-Zdrój (2016)
- The first award in the II Ogólnopolski Konkurs Wokalny “Bella Voce” in Busko Zdrój (2018)
- The first honourable mention in the VI Konkursie Wokalnym im. I. J. Paderewskiego in Bydgoszcz (2018)
She takes part in concerts, recitals, festivals and opera performances.
In 2015 she took part as Orpheus in “Orpheus and Eurydice” by Ch. W. Gluck conducted by Jerzy Dybał and directed by Tadeusz Konwiński. Since 2015 she’s cooperates with Silesian Opera. She plays Orpheus in „Orpheus and Euridice”, Mercedes in „Carmen” G. Bizet, Suzuki in „Madama Butterfly” G. Puccini, Curre, Preziosille in „La forza del destino” G. Verdi In 2011 she took part in “Sour Angelica” by G. Puccini conducted by Michał Klauza and directed by Wiesław Ochman in Silesian Opera.
She sings oratorio and cantata repertoire as for example:„Stabat Mater” by G.B. Pergolesi ,“Requiem”; Cantata „Geist und Seele” by J. S. Bach; “Coronation Mass”, “Great Mass in C minor” by W. A. Mozart; ”Magnificat”,”Gloria”,“Stabat Mater” by A. Vivaldi ; “Messiah” by G. F. Handel; “A Mass For Peace” by K. Jenkins; “Requiem for Auschwitz” by Roger Moreno-Rathgeb, “Requiem Op.89” by A. Dvorak.
She trains her skill by classes hosted by Stefania Toczyska, Olga Pasiecznik, Wiesław Ochman, Ryszard Karczykowski and Iwona Hossa. She took a course at The 1st European Academy of Vocal Art in Silesian Opera. She participated in preparations of the premiere "La forza del destino" by G. Verdi, creating the role of Curra and Preziosilla directed by Tomasz Konina and conducted by Jakub Kontz in the 2016/2017 season at the Silesian Opera. She created the role of Maria Wodzińska in the premiere of the play 'Waiting for Chopin' directed by Michał Znaniecki. She sings “Three poems to the words of Jan Kasprowicz" by Karol Szymanowski in the "Night of the Museum" in the NOSPR Concert Hall.
She cooperates with Silesian Philharmonic, Symphony Orchestra of Zabrze Philharmonic, The Sudeten Philharmonic, Instytucja Promocji i Upowszechniania Muzyki “Silesia” She records for Polish Radio Katowice.
She was conducted by Bassem Akiki, Mirosław Błaszczyk, Francesco Bottigliero, Massimiliano Caldi, Sławomir Chrzanowski, Jerzy Dybał, Krzysztof Dziewięcki, Jan Wincenty Hawel, Robert Kabara, Michał Klauza, Jerzy Kłosek, Jakub Kontz, Marek Moś, Riccardo M Sahiti, Tadeusz Serafin.